Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I hurt

So today sucked! I got the shit beat out of me at work. Yes, literally but also figuratively. I work hard to be consistant, modify behaviors, have boundaries and high standards. I reteach all day long common things that most children do naturally like ask before taking something, using a tissue instead of your finger or shirt, eating food with utensils instead of hands. Sometimes all the training in the world, sprinkled with the heaviest dose of patience just won't help with the kids I work with each day.
We are taught to use restraints to use when a child is a danger to themselves or others. Why is it that when I get the child in the restraint they hurt me more than when they weren't in it? How will I do this job when I do get prego?
Speaking of prego, no word yet. Now crazy symptoms today except exhaustion but I think that might have to do more with life in general than being a symptom.
Some side notes...
check out pandora.com for a really cool radio station site

Peace, not hair grease!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey lady! Long time! I'm so excited that you started this blog--I needed more Terri in my life! I'm sorry that you got beat up by work today. You are a tough cookie!